Sunday, May 17, 2015

Quick Status Update


This was me, for all ten days of finals. And some more after that.

I'm still not totally healthy yet. I hate my immune system. And my immune system hates me. We have that kind of relationship going on.

So H-Booster Set 1 was so long ago, Buddyfight Wikia even removed it from the front page. Well. I've looked at the set a lot already, and I've already drafted most of the Ancient World articles. As it would happen, however, I've got a special training course for the next two weeks and I can't take my computer with me, so those articles are going to be sitting there until I get back.

In June.

If you want my quick opinions on the Set, I think that H-BT01 was a huge meta change for Buddyfight, giving control-based decks a lot more power. We also saw the advent of Transform/Ride which allows you to equip a monster, along with the defensive boost which completely changed the face of what aggro-rush tried to do. You know how sad it is when your opponent's 5000/2 sword suddenly has a casual 2000 defense that your 1000 power weebs can't hit through? The meta has shifted away from face-slam into a more control-based strategy, which is cool and I kinda like it. Too much control is unhealthy but the amount of rush in the game prior was also at levels of unhealthy so this trend is a good one.

As far as tiers go, almost every Hero World build is up there. I personally think Transform/Ride is broken but that's just me. Stars Legend is up there as well, there's a lot of great things that deck can do. Dragon World didn't get anything new per se but got a lot more options for their beatdown game which is fantastic, Dragon toolbox is looking very diverse and hard to counter. Ancient gets to be relevant but I'm not sure if they're at Danger levels yet, even after all the new support.

Anyways, here's an estimated schedule of when you can expect upcoming articles:
  • June 1-3 - Ancient Updates
  • June 4-6 - Legend Updates
  • June 7-9 - Dragon Updates
  • June 10-12 - Hero Updates
Which gives me just enough time to tackle Miracle Impack! that coming week. Don't even ask me about TD updates, they'll come when they come. Same with updates to older articles to feature Transform/Ride and whatever new stuff they introduce.

Buddyfight might be an unpopular game right now, but I'm pretty set to go down with this ship. It's been a great experience working with this game and I'll (try to) be there until the end.

In other news...

...That was an unexpected surprise. Thanks guys. Really, this was awesome.

All images were used obtained from the official Bushiroad website and used here solely for reference purposes. Future Card Buddyfight!, logos, and respective content belong to Bushiroad. Large images belong to the Buddyfight! Wikia.

7 comments:

  1. Holy shit, you too?
    I'm in the middle of finals now, and I'm looking and feeling like SHIT due to allergies and a cold breaking out at the same time. Going into a full week of sickness now.

    Hope you feel better soon, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is everyone saying the games ending? Its still very popular and gaining people by the day.
    Also i only click the ad when its BF related...Since when I get an ad saying BUY SHOUJO EROTIC MANGA...i just dont. Good luck with the training Session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :P Welp get your rest... It's hard when you get sick (I have a problem with my body system myself so I know how you feel) and I really hope this doesn't end... I mean a year. 1 YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The game is also gaining popularity here in the Philippines. Even though we are only getting a modest of 8-16 attendees per league, there were at least a guaranteed case breaking happening every set. This current set, there were 2 case breaks that I was aware of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in the Phillipines but.... I never saw many BF fighters. That's why I never got to do competetive play in this game.

      Delete
    2. Where are you located? There are some players (usually from vanguard) who actively purchase and update their cardpool, but they seldon attend leagues.

      Delete