Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Updates and Patreon Information

When I first created a Patreon account, I didn't take it very seriously because I didn't think there would be any services I could provide to patrons that they would enjoy or desire. But after brainstorming for...a month? I've come up with a few ideas I hope you guys like with hopefully balanced pricing for said ideas. I'd like to go over it a bit along with the big funding goals that this site might be able to reach with your support!
Also, update information for H-BT02. I'm positive I'll be done with all worlds by this weekend.

My Patreon runs off a monthly subscription status because its easier for patrons to figure out costs than if I do it per article - it also ensures that you have all the control of how much you pay, not me.
Control your expenses
You can reach 4 different tiers of subscription status, with rewards at each level:
  • $1.00 is the lowest subscription, but it gives you the full patron status and access to my Patreon content, which will include polls for upcoming articles, discussions, and sneak peeks into what I'm doing. These posts and polls will start once I have at least 3 patrons so that there will actually be people voting for polls. If you want to be connected to Buddyfight Theory and contribute, this is the easiest way you can. I'll be posting regularly so look forward to it.
  • $3.00 is the next tier - you get to be a patron and you get your name on this blog! I'll spruce up the Contributors page and have a list of all the patrons. As a special deal, you can also send me an image file and a short description to be displayed next to your name! 300 characters max, and 128 x 128 images only. Also, no inappropriate content, please.
  • $5.00 is the highest tier, and you'll get all the above rewards. If you provide a shipping address, I will actually go and buy you a booster pack of your choice (if I can find it), sign it, and ship it off to you! Free domestic shipping, if you're international we'll have to figure something out. Hope you get some good pulls!
  • $8.00 - thanks to Jacob Jones for suggesting this. If you want to consistently have a place to post your ideas, thoughts, and Buddyfight content, this is the package for you. Once a month, you'll receive a non-stackable ticket that you can redeem for one article on this site. Not a good writer? Don't worry, I'll be working alongside you and helping you with editing and structuring so that your article will come out amazing. Due to the amount of time this might take, I'll limit this to 12 persons max. Also, if you don't feel like writing that month, you can use your ticket to request an article topic of your choice - as long as it's Buddyfight related.
These reward levels are just small ways that I can thank you for supporting me financially. I really can't do enough to show all the appreciation I have.
Wait, that's not what I meant!
However, I'm personally more interested in the stretch goals, if we can reach them. If my total patronage reaches certain levels, we can be seeing some exciting things happen with Buddyfight Theory!
  • $12.00 will remove all ads from this site. I want to be ad-free, but until I can be assured of some profit it's a difficult option to choose, so this will make me really happy! (Also, if you noticed, I've made some changes to AdSense recently so the amount of Bushiroad ads should have increased dramatically).
  • $30.00 opens up my Twitter account for daily tweets on Buddyfight Card of the Day. Tired of waiting for the complete set before you hear my analysis and opinions? This will be a great way to see how I approach every card and help generate some ideas for new builds.
  • $40.00 opens up my Youtube account for box openings, deck techs, and matchup demonstrations. I'll alternate videos with livestream opportunities for everyone to ask questions and have open discussion regarding the state of the game, rulings, strategies, anything.
  • $60.00 will relocate my blog into a private Wordpress account, complete with unique domain, a whole new look, better graphics, and more. In addition, a surprise wing of the site will open up with totally new Buddyfight-related content!
I really want to put more into this blog and site, so help me create some really cool content for you guys!
You can find the link to my Patreon account on the right sidebar - just click that really cool image I personally designed.

As far as H-BT02 goes, check out the Dragon World and Katana World updates that are already out. I'll see you all this weekend with more updates!

All images were used obtained from the official Bushiroad website and used here solely for reference purposes. Future Card Buddyfight!, logos, and respective content belong to Bushiroad. Large images belong to the Buddyfight! Wikia.

3 comments:

  1. I wish that I am actually allowed to spend money... I would, but I run on allowance (13 year old here :/) and my parents nag about me buying cards if I ever do... I dunno what they'd say about supporting something online :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a package that allows guest articles? That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, I guess people would be interested in that! I'll come up with something.

      Delete