Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 2014 Update [EB02]


Well, here we are again! Two months later and I'm still alive and writing. Even with university and huge changes in my life, EB02 somehow didn't kill me. If this was a full booster I think I might've gone mad. Once again, thank you all for your support!

The following articles have been updated:
The following articles have been created:
Please note: I fixed all the links on the site so that they now open on a new tab in your browsers. Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Now, rant time?

Danger World is back! After months of neglect, Danger is back in the metagame with some crazy new options. From better weapons to better spells to better monsters, Danger really brought the game on. However, this wasn't enough to stop the Dungeon rampage as the unbelievably consistent deck is sweeping World Championship Qualifiers. But I think it's because people got too excited over new Danger stuff that they messed all their ratios up trying to run Nanoha "A" squad.

Oh, did Dragon World get support? I couldn't tell.

"A" is solid and very burst-heavy, with a lot of one-turn potential. However, consistency is an issue and with no solid draw engine still, Danger has a long way to go before OTKs become a consistent thing (like Yugioh lol). Rush-aggro gets some really nice buffs in the form of Asmodai and Ricdeau, aka the Bad-axe weapon. Also MAJI forces your opponent to not be able to call most monsters to guard, meaning that Gargoyle rush just got a whole lot scarier. Defensive Danger gets a few buffs with Bahamut and more importantly Demon Slay Resurrection, but not enough to compete with rush-aggro or "A"s.

And whoa! Duel Dragons got viable! That's a new thing. With some legit Size 3's and a lot better monster selection, Duel Dragons have more or less caught up with Ancient World. Which is sad. At least it's something.

But man, were Blue Sky Knights such a killjoy. I swear, people were crying every time they pulled a Dragon World foil last week. Blue Sky Knights do nothing productive and their entire legion has no proper engine. They don't even have proper stats, let alone abilities. Bushi BS'd hard this time around. The other Dragon stuff seems pretty filler as well. I really wish Bushi would have more faith in Danger World and not have to release crap Dragon stuff alongside it. It would've probably sold better without Sky Knights.

Only good thing Dragon World got was the Impact. That and some niche options.

Anyways, looks like C/U/R foils are here to stay. That's a relief, and it means that buying packs will be a much better investment, as there will always be those who are trying to foil out their decks.

In other news, keeping up with the site has been really difficult with school. It's even harder since I have a ton of student loans and should really be looking for a work-study or a part-time job. I can't make any money off this site (yet) but maybe I'll look towards some set-up in the future. For now, I'm just focused on getting you guys the right information and spreading Buddyfight so that we can enjoy a bigger and smarter playerbase.

Once again, please let me know if anything's wrong with the articles/site, and help me fix up any image or link issues I may have. Thanks a bunch!

All images were used obtained from the official Bushiroad website and used here solely for reference purposes. Future Card Buddyfight!, logos, and respective content belong to Bushiroad. Large images belong to the Buddyfight! Wikia.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you're still pumping out nice articles Blaise! And I saw your update to Dragon Knights, we definitely needed Lawrence, haha. And yes, Movingforce is just delicious, haha. Kudos to you sir, I hope you can continue your work without impeding your studies, your articles are very good reads indeed (even for the worlds that I'm not getting into, haha)!

    ReplyDelete