Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer's End

I haven't really brought my personal life into this Buddyfight blog yet, but as summer is ending and I'm forced to deal with reality, this will be a good chance to talk a bit more freely about myself and what's coming ahead.

I started this blog in June and was able to spend a lot of time and resources into this blog because summer is awesome. I tried to pace my articles 3-5 days apart, even though in the beginning I could have easily published daily. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting to really make a blog. It was originally just going to be that one article on card advantage. So this entire project has been a complete surprise to myself as I had no idea where I could be headed with this website. But I was sure of one thing.

August = school = hell.


Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
I'm less a part of this generation...
My age has been tossed out there on the internet, but I can clarify and confirm that I am currently a freshman at a private university in the United States. In fact, I am typing this from my dorm room while preparing for my classes which begin next week. For those interested, my major is going to be in Computer Science with a special emphasis on Game Design. Basically what I've always wanted to do since I was in like 4th grade. It's pretty nice.
Golden Time
...and more a part of this generation
However, this definitely means that BF Theory is going to be less of a priority than it was before. I'll still publish articles and keep the site going - expect a huge amount of articles come EB02 - but they won't be published at the same rate and consistency as they were before. In fact, if I manage to put up one article a week it would be something of a miracle.

Being a freshman at a university means that I have no clue what the hell is going on. They say that your freshman year is the year you truly get to experience college simply because everything is going to be unpredictable and new. I'm not sure how taxing my classes will be or how many organizations I'm going to be a part of, so I have no idea how much time I can dedicate to other things outside of school. It's going to be an adventure for me and will probably take a lot of adjusting.

On the other hand, thanks to my unique major, I'm allowed to take a lot of game-related classes on combinatorics, game theory, and a host of cool topics like that. You can expect some pretty sophisticated stuff down the line as I "study" by applying classes to Buddyfight.

So now you know a little bit more about the guy behind Blaise, the blogwriter. Even with so much going on in my life, I hope you readers will still support me and my efforts! It's been a blast so far and I don't plan to stop.

I'll end by announcing the winner for the deck naming competition. There were some pretty neat names entered, and I particularly liked "A Certain Scientific Drum" and "For Whom the Drum Tolls" (the second one sounds amazing for another deck). However, the winner goes to Bradley Stone who offered the name "Supercell". I love names that have a depth to them, something beneath the surface that makes it special. And plus I can post a cool related picture.

8 comments:

  1. I support you all the way Blaise!!! I kno ur gonna ace all ur classes(and maybe get some u-know-what too ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaayy!! I was really proud of that name and I'm very glad you like it too!

    You go Blaise. As you know, I'm a tremendous fan, so know that I'll be grateful no matter how much/little you are able to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story. I will be looking forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 21 (college junior) and I can safely say that at least for me, college is just an extension of high school up to a point. Just get your work done, study a bit and you'll be aces and spades. Also, personal opinion again, don't join a fraternity. A friend of mine and I share the opinion that frats are cop-outs for people too lazy to make friends themselves, plus I hear that there are a lot of fees that go into joining and staying in a fraternity, so the money aspect was a deterrent for me as well. I just looked around and found a cool group of people with similar interests, and now I have a bunch of people to play Buddyfight and Vanguard with. Either way, best of luck in your freshman year and I will be checking every day of the week for new posts! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am deathly afraid of frats. I have no idea why they call themselves the "Greek system" when what they do is a far cry from the sophistication of ancient Greek culture.

      Delete
    2. Probably the only reason they do so is because of the letters that they use. But yeah, it's good that you're already going to avoid frats, find people who can discuss Buddyfight ideas with you and ofc play the game as well. Maybe drag some new people into the game, why not? XD

      Delete
  5. What anime is the first picture from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EDIT: Nevermind. I did an image search on Google for this.

      Delete