Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 2014 Update [BT03]


This is my first ever update entry! Just goes to show how far I've gone. Honestly, I didn't expect my blog to last longer than a few articles (I guess it still is only a few articles...) but thanks for all the support thus far!

The following articles have been updated:
The following articles have been created:
I guess I get to say something about the newest set here then.

BT03 shook the meta completely. Dungeon World debuted with such a consistent engine that it topped at NA Nationals a mere 2 days after release because tutoring is godly. However, that isn't to say that the other new options are bad. Dragon World especially got a lot of support including an entirely new beefed up vanilla line. Damn you, Blade Chakram Dragon. Both Thunder Knights and Shinsengumi have a lot of potential as they are right now, and future support seems likely.

Wizards get more buffs that include a dual-gauge strategy that unfortunately doesn't synergize with the Grandfather decks of before. But Gotcha! is still something. Their support spells like Power Ray Maximum are going to hurt aggro decks (like Adventurers) a lot. Ninja's get their own Vermillion, which is basically anti-aggro as well and is just another wrench in the toolbox. Their newest anti-meta strat involves resting monsters with Snake Gaze and simultaneously dealing damage. It's very effective, especially against Size 3-based decks. Skull Warriors get a new nullification promo along with more cards for consistency.

The biggest surprise, however, are the actual box contents. We're getting 3 RRR's instead of two, making it much, much easier to pull something great. Especially with all the triple rare staples in the set. Also, each box comes with 6 reverse holographic cards that are oh-so shiny. I say reverse holo because I come from Pokemon. Deal with it.

I'm not going to do tiers because they aren't established yet. Even tournament results don't say much. I honestly don't think Adventurers are that far ahead from the other decks, especially since Dragon World's game just got much better and Katana World got their second nullification. Bushiroad has finally given us a rather balanced metagame. Each deck type has a perfectly unique winning image that really suits them.

As far as site news goes, I'll be updating fairly often all the way till the end of summer when I start school. Then everything's up in the air, but given enough support I'll probably keep writing. And by support I mean comments, suggestions, and views - I really do appreciate them! It's not like I make any money off of this site; I do it because analysis is fun and I get to interact with the community. If you noticed my navbar changeups, I went from one service to another and encountering restriction after restriction before saying "screw it all" and just making my own using JQuery.

As of now, the Buddyfight wikia has yet to upload English scans. Somebody please remind me once they're up so I can update the Japanese scans that BT03 pictures are linked to currently.

Future set updates will most likely be done about 1 week after the set release.

All images were used obtained from the official Bushiroad website and used here solely for reference purposes. Future Card Buddyfight!, logos, and respective content belong to Bushiroad. Large images belong to the Buddyfight! Wikia.

14 comments:

  1. Sure the meta's balenced...for everyone except DANGER WORLD! I dont wanna wait til September to make my Armorknight deck good >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danger World has a problem keeping up, but its not Armorknights who has the issue. Armorknights are fine for now. Definitely not Tier 1 material, but they can keep up just fine. Duel Dragons are borderline unplayable, though.

      Delete
    2. In regards to Danger World, I'm not covering Duel Dragons until EB02 comes out, and if they don't get anything good I'm tempted to skip them entirely.

      Delete
    3. Please don't skip Duel Dragons Blaise. T_T I don't care if the article is bare-bones, I really want to hear about it. It's one of my four decks (intentionally being unusual and not going for the notably-superior Armorknights).

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the hard work! I hope you continue to write articles even after summer's end, you're always really spot-on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you continue to update old articles with new data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such an awesome blogger! Do ancient world soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I changed them...honestly I like BP better but I guess I should be official.

      Delete
  6. The only thing to note is that you DON'T get another final phase with Thunder Formation, just an additional Attack Phase. You can't chain them in the same turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quote Bushiroad:

      Q249 (2014-07-03)
      [BT03/0028EN:Thunder Formation!]
      Q. By the ability of this card, attack phase begins again. At the end of the attack phase, can I proceed to final phase again?
      A. Yes, you can. Also, if the requirements of "True Thunder Formation" is fulfilled, it can also be used again.

      Also,

      Q250 (2014-07-03)
      [BT03/0028EN:Thunder Formation!]
      Q. What happens when I use the ability of two "True Thunder Formation!" at the same time?
      A. After calling, attack phase begins again. Even though calls will occur again, the number of attack phases added is only once. After the attack phase, proceed to final phase.

      Delete
    2. Welp, that's different than what they told me for a ruling. They must have changed their mind, or the JP office overruled the NA one. Gotcha. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Just a head's up, that Dungeon World link over there goes to your Magic Numbers article instead.

    Keep doing good stuff.

    ReplyDelete